Sunday, May 6, 2012

Fat black snake

Our blueberry netting is working splendidly.  All 8 blueberry bushes are fully loaded with ripening fruit and I am so excited about it.  The other day, we discovered an unfortunate mishap.  A 4 ft. black snake had become entangled in our netting after trying to squeeze through many many of the little holes.  At the ends of our tunnel, the netting is bunched up a bit and somehow it chose that spot to slither around in.  I'm not sure why, but I volunteered to untangle it.  Proving to be more difficult that I imagined, I brought in heavy duty tools.  A shovel.  My son.  I'm still so grossed out.  I don't know that I can detail this one.  All I will include is this:  The snake got stuck because it was too fat.  It was only too fat in a few places.  3 to be exact, because that is how many toddler-ish age birds came out of the snake after I had had to dismantle it in order to disentangle it from the netting.  I can't write anymore.  I'm going to gag again.  How does an animal digest that many feathers and clawish bird feet?  Sick Sick Sick.  Gross.  I love the country.  I love living in the sticks.  The wild things are my friends. Jesus protect us from snakes and thank you for the Neosho Memorial Regional Medical Center and their investment in anti-venom.

2 comments:

  1. This is sick! I don't think I could handle that at all!!! You are one brave lady, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! You always were a brave and gutsy gal! Can't believe you didn't wait until Brett came home!!!
    Oh, the stories you tell!!

    ReplyDelete