Thursday, September 27, 2012

He's 4

Wow . . . guess I've missed the blogger format change.  Been out for a bit.  We'll get back up to speed soon.  To the point, Warrick turned four today.  Four glorious, grueling, hilarious years with our son.  "Strong and protective leader".  Now, what that actually looks like in real life, prior to his letting Jesus take control of his behavior, is a tackling, aggressive, growling little man.  Yes, he's charming, and yes, he is often not out of control.  However, when there are lots of children are around, I regularly have to apologize for my son's aggressive behavior.

Here's what I really wanted to say, because I don't want to forget this moment.  We celebrated the beginning of Warrick's birthday last night, because he actually turned four last night at 9:27 pm.  He was born in Perth Australia at 9:27 am on the 27th, but Americans were still working on finishing the 26th at that moment.  He was also born in the spring, as we were in the Southern hemisphere.  Kind of fun little fact.  Last night, reading books, then singing happy birthday, I asked him, 'How do you feel?  You are 4 now!"  He got wide eyed with wonder and expectation, sat up on the bed.  Told me, "I want to call Daniel and tell him."  Then he carefully climbed off the bed, never losing that expectant expression.  Walked to the middle of the room and held still.  Waiting.  Expecting something.  Smiling.  Waiting.  Then he spun around and looked at me, shoulders slumping, smile rapidly shifting to near teary disappointment.  "I still feel 3!"  Heartbroken.

Precious boy.  Here's the other funny thing, and I haven't yet decided if I will post the pictures that made him laugh so very hard . . . I will.  They are the most unflattering images of myself, but I figure they will make you laugh about as hard.  I might have to also post a pic that I feel confident about just to make up for it, and maybe to give you some healing after being scarred by the others.  We looked at pics of Warrick as a new born and talked to him and Vera about the day he was born, We looked at all my belly pictures of him growing in my tummy.  You know how you take pictures every week of your growing belly the first time you're pregnant?  I don't think we did that with Vera . . . sorry sissy.
Anyway, Brett was clicking through them warp speed so it actually looked like an animated film of a growing belly.  Got to the end and then went back and forth from the first image to the last.  Wow.  6 weeks and 41 weeks look gross different.  Anyway, Warrick laughed and laughed as hard and long as I've ever heard him so that Brett and I got to laughing so our whole bodies were shaking. 

Here it is.  Gross, I know.  Flattering not in the least.  Laugh your face off.


 
I don't know why I chose to take the pictures every day on waking.  I am not pretty when I first wake up.  Ever. 
But . . . she is.  Beautiful to me all the time except when she whines and disobeys.

Watching the dolphin show at Sea World during our super special family vacation

Warrick wanting to take pics with mom

The dolphins were way cooler.  I'm hot now and Shamu isn't as interesting.
 
Speed.  I.  am.  Speed.  (Yes, he's almost always this intense when he drives).  And she prefers to be driven.
Body surfing with dad.  Actually caught a few waves!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment